Monday, September 28, 2026

Module 2 Week 05 Crates And Barrels Project (Final Display)

Final Display

For this assignment, I textured the game-resolution (low-poly) mesh by first baking the details from the high-poly mesh onto the low-poly game-ready mesh in Substance 3D Painter. This allowed me to retain the high-poly model’s surface details while keeping the final asset optimized for real-time use.

After baking, with the help of my ID map, I created and applied multiple materials to the asset, including dark wood, light wood, worn metal, rust, oxidation, and surface damage. I used masks, generators, grunge textures, and color variations to build up the materials while trying to closely match the reference image in terms of color, wear, roughness, and overall appearance.

Once the texturing was completed, I exported the required texture maps from Substance 3D Painter and brought the game-ready asset into Unreal Engine. I created the material using the exported textures and set up a small presentation scene with lighting and a Post Process Volume to improve the final look of the asset.

The final stage involved adjusting the lighting, environment, shadows, and post-processing to present the textured game asset in Unreal Engine.


Wireframe


Comparison with Reference Image


Unreal Setup


Perforce Sumission


No comments:

Post a Comment

Module 3 Week 07 Orb Bridge Project (High Res Meshing | Game Res Meshing)

 High Res Meshing   Reference Poly Paint Game Res Meshing Baking in Substance Painter Perforce Submission